2012年9月11日 星期二

Borderline Personality Disorder


Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar disorder is also sometimes called manic depression. It is a psychiatric condition that affects a person's mood swings. These so called episodes happen at a random pattern. A person might be manic for a couple of days or even weeks, then get so depressed in the following moments after being so hyped up. It really depends on the severity of the case. Three out of every 100 Americans have this type of disorder. So, if you are from the country of the blue, white, and red, you might know somebody that has this psychiatric condition.

I'm a guy, and I have a girlfriend. The closest experience I probably ever had to a manic depression attack was when I was bringing my girlfriend back to her place after a wonderful dinner. She was so happy in the car, even singing to the music played on the radio. I told her that after I bring her home, I'm going over to a friend's house to attend a small party. I will never forget that moment because after I told her where I was headed after I drop her off, she never spoke another word to me for the next 3 days. She slammed the door on her way out and never looked back. Leaving me to ponder on my actions the rest of the way to my friend's house, this took about 15 minutes. It was the longest 15 minutes of my life.

I am not telling guys not to have a girlfriend because that is clearly not what I'm talking about. I was merely stating an experience that one might have when dealing with a person that has bipolar order. No, my girlfriend is not mentally unstable.

So, how do you deal with a person that has ben diagnosed with manic depression?

Family and friends play an important role in the treatment of bipolar disorder. They are there for the support, encouragement, and all the love that they could give.

What should you do if you discover that you have manic disorder? There are a couple of self help tips that you could get from the internet.

You could also opt for the professional approach. There are a couple of drugs that help reduce the onset of depression attacks. There is also psychotherapy. But it costs money and you have to talk to a shrink. And in my opinion, paying money is okay but not talking to a psychologist. And I would feel worse than depressed if I did both. So, if you think you are sick, choose your options wisely. Use Google!




Well, I suggest that you visit Borderline Personality Disorder to learn more about handling your loved one's overcome their disorders today!





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

沒有留言 :

張貼留言